成都桑拿网,成都夜生活论坛 成都楼凤性息论坛

Sense Of Occasion to Kris Lees proves $1 million move for Newcastle owners

14/08/2019 | 成都桑拿 | Permalink

IN THE FRAME: Sense Of Occasion, second from left, finishes third to Winx, right, and Hartnell, left, on Saturday. Picture: bradleyphotos苏州夜总会招聘.auSENSE Of Occasion’s Newcastle owners weren’t sure if they would win another race with the horse before they asked local trainer Kris Lees to take him on midway through last year.
SuZhou Night Recruitment

In nine starts for Lees, Sense Of Occasion has now won $969,190, including$400,000 for finishing third to Winx and Hartnell in the Queen Elizabeth Stakes (2000 metres) on Saturday at Randwick. It followed $300,000 for third in the Doncaster a weekearlier in a career which has returned $1,267,020 in 32 starts.

“He’s been amazing,” part-owner Stephen Bilich said of Lees’ work with the $80,000 gelding. “We’ve got a cheque every time the horse has raced and to be honest with you, we weren’t sure we wereever going to win another race.We asked Kris to take the horse and he said he’dlove to, and he’s just transformed him.

“He’s just worked the horse out. He said from day one that he had a feeling the horse needs his runs spaced out, and that’s what he’s done and the horse has thrived.”

Ownership manager Anthony Hall and part-ownersLarry Curtis, Elaine Wragge, Derek Hall, David Blunden, Roddy Scott and Bilich all have ties to Newcastle.

“He’s pretty much a Newcastle horse which I think people are warming too as well, and they are getting behind him now,” Bilich said.

Bilich said the group had also profited fromSense Of Occasion’s underdog status in the betting ring.

“His Villiers win just stamped him as something out of the ordinary, but the press have never picked up on it,” he said.

“He’s been friendless in both his recent starts, which hasn’t worried us because we don’t mind a bet and we’ve had a nice time.”

A Brisbane winter campaign now beckons for Sense Of Occasion, which won the group 2 Villiers Stakes last December only a few weeks afterpart-owner and former Newcastle Jockey Club vice-chairman and life memberJoe Wragge died.

“There’s sadness involved because a good mate of ours, John Wragge, passed away last year,” Bilich said.

“He was the major shareholder in the horse. But his wife, Elaine, she is pretty proactive with it now and getting a thrill out of it.”

The owners are now eyeing even more success.

“That was his first attempt at weight for age on Saturday and he certainly stepped up to the plate,” Bilich said.

“No one was going to beat Winx, she’s the best horse in the world, and Hartnell is the second highest rated in .

“And [Jockey] Corey [Brown] thought he could havebeaten Hartnell, but he got held up at avital stage.”

Sense Of Occasion started with the now lateGuy Walter before stints with Joe Pride and Tony McEvoy.

“They just did things differently and it obviously didn’t agree with the horse,” Bilich said.

“We’ve got no axes to grind or anything like that, he just needed a change and Kris has just been amazing with him.

“Obviously, we’re just stoked.Every part of the way with Kris has been a pleasure and his communication is second to none.

“I’ve got horses with several different trainers, and I’ve got a small breeding operation, so you get to see how they all do things,but of all of them, I’ve got Kris right up there.”

The success for the Newcastle ownership group originated from a lucky call on theirway home from the 2012 Inglis n Easter Yearling Sale.

“New Zealand bloodstock agent Paul Beamish put us onto him,” Bilich said.

“We went to the sale and had a look at him. Paulthought he’d go for about $160,000, which is more than we wanted topay, and on the way home Anthony got a call saying he was up to 70 something and do you want to have bid.

“We said to go to 80 and not a cent more and he was knocked down to us for that.”

Two teenagers charged with Queanbeyan crime rampage refused bail

14/08/2019 | 成都桑拿 | Permalink

NSW police officers and SES personnel attend the scene of a fatal stabbing at the Queanbeyan Caltex service station. Photo by Karleen Minney. Photo: Karleen MinneyOne of two teenage boys allegedly involved in a terrifying crime spree, including the fatal stabbing of a service station attendant, was on bail at the time having previously been charged with a violent sexual assault with a weapon.
SuZhou Night Recruitment

The 15- and 16-year-old youths appeared in a Sydney court on Sunday charged with murder, robbery, wound with intent, carjacking and aggravated break and enter with intent following a spate of offences on Thursday night and Friday morning in Queanbeyan, near the ACT border.

The older boy is also charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm. He was already on bail for aggravated sexual assault with a weapon and is due to face trial later this year.

Officers from the Joint Counter-Terrorism Taskforce are investigating if the most recent incidents are terror-related. Neither boy has been charged with any terrorism related offence.

They appeared before Parramatta Children’s Court on Sunday via videolink. They did not apply for bail and it was formally refused. They will reappear in court on Tuesday, again via videolink.

Court documents show the youths, both from the suburb of Queanbeyan, are charged with the murder of petrol station attendant Zeeshan Akbar between 8pm and 11.59pm on Thursday. They are further charged with robbing Mr Akbar of a cash drawer.

Police allege the youths then entered a house on Stornaway Road, Queanbeyan with the intention of stealing. Inside the older boy allegedly assaulted and inflicted bodily harm on the occupant.

A few hours later, between 3am and 7am, the youths entered a silver Ford Falcon sedan before allegedly assaulting the driver.

NSW Police Force Deputy Commissioner Catherine Burn on Friday said there was some evidence the spree could be terror-related or linked to drugs.

“We have two teenagers in custody and sufficient information to believe the actions of one of those teenagers may be related to terrorism,” she said.

“That information comes from physical evidence at the scene and other sources.”

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull said on Friday that the circumstances of the stabbing warranted the involvement of the Joint Counter-Terrorism Team.

Police have told Fairfax Media that the victim’s blood was used to scrawl letters, possibly saying ISIS, on the window of the Caltex service station.

Fairfax Media understands the mother of the 16-year-old boy told police she thought her son had been radicalised in recent weeks, but no concrete links to religious extremism have emerged so far.

It’s understood the 16-year-old had made concerning Facebook posts related to Islamic State in recent weeks.

However, he also has a history of committing petty offences around the Queanbeyan area and allegedly had issues with the drug ice.

with Rachel Olding

Man charged following fatal crash near Goulburn

14/08/2019 | 成都桑拿 | Permalink

Police have charged a man with negligent driving after a fatal crash in Tarago near Goulburn on Saturday.
SuZhou Night Recruitment

Shortly before 4pm emergency services were called to Braidwood Road, about 100 metres south of the Loaded Dog hotel, following reports a motor vehicle collided with the rear of a motorcycle, which was travelling towards Goulburn.

The rider of the motorcycle, a 43-year-old woman from Albion Park, died at the scene.

The second rider, a 45-year-old man, also of Albion Park, was uninjured.

The driver of the Toyota Hilux utility, a 27-year-old Goulburn man was also uninjured. He was also travelling toward Goulburn at the time.

Police from the Hume Local Area Command attended and established a crime scene. Detectives and crime scene officers also attended.

Police said the crash happened in the area where the 100km/h speed zone drops to 60km/h approaching the town.

About 4.30pm on Saturday officers arrested the 27-year-old man at the scene. He was taken to Goulburn Base Hospital for mandatory blood and urine testing.

The man was taken to Goulburn Police Station where he was charged with negligent driving occasioning death.

He was granted conditional bail to appear at Goulburn Local Court on Wednesday, May 3. /*\n”,color:”caution”, title:”Fatal crash”, maxWidth:200, open:0}] );}if (!window.googleMaps_Icons) window.googleMaps_Icons = {};window.googleMaps_Icons[“caution”] = {“marker”:{“image”:”http://maps.gstatic苏州夜总会招聘/mapfiles/ms2/micons/caution.png”},”shadow”:{“image”:”http://maps.gstatic苏州夜总会招聘/mapfiles/ms2/micons/caution.shadow.png”}};if (!window.gmapsLoaders) window.gmapsLoaders = [];window.gmapsLoaders.push(CreateGMapgmap201739113055);window.gmapsAutoload=true;/*]]>*/

The Goulburn Post

Strike Force Shirley arrest two men after violent gun robberies in the Hunter

14/08/2019 | 成都桑拿 | Permalink

CHARGED: Specialist police make the dramatic arrest of the armed robbery suspect, 30, at a Raymond Terrace address on Friday. He is the second suspect to be charged by Strike Force Shirley. Picture: NSW Police.UPDATE, 10.10am: Detectives investigating a series of armed robberies across the Hunter have announced the arrest of a further two suspects.
SuZhou Night Recruitment

Two men, aged 18 and 30, were dramatically arrested during different operations last week.

Strike Force Shirley detectives said on Monday they had arrested a 21-year-old man after finding him hiding under a bed in a Raymond Terrace home on Saturday afternoon.

He was arrested and taken to Raymond Terrace Station, where he was charged with robbery whilst armed with a dangerous weapon, and possess prohibited drug.

Police will allege he was involved in the armed robbery of the McDonalds restaurant at Heatherbrae on January 25.

Investigators also arrested a man, 32, at a motel on the Pacific Highway, Heatherbrae, about 10.30pm on Saturday.

He was taken to Raymond Terrace Station and charged with robbery whilst armed with a dangerous weapon.

Both men were refused bail to appear in Newcastle Local Court on Monday.

EARLIER:

SPECIALIST police investigating a series of violent armed robberies across the Hunter have made their second dramatic arrest.

Strike Force Shirley investigators, made up from local detectives and those from the State Crime Command’s robbery and serious crime squad, swooped on their second suspect on Friday following an intense investigation.

The arrest, which occurred with the help of the gang squad’s Strike Force Raptor, was made following a vehicle stop on Edinburgh Street at Raymond Terrace.

The driver, 30, was taken into custody and later charged with two counts of robbery whilst armed with a dangerousweapon.

Investigators will allege the charges relate to the armed robbery of the Hunter River Hotel at East Maitland on December 5 and the hold-up of the McDonalds restaurant at Williamtown on January 25.

​The passenger in the vehicle – a 39-year-old man – was also arrested at the scene for unrelated matters.

Shortly after the arrest, two search warrants were executed at homes on Vogele Place and Brown Street atRaymond Terrace, where police allegedly located and seized a number of items relevant to the investigation.

Both men were taken to Raymond Terrace police station, where strike force detectives charged the younger man with the armed robberies.

He was refused bail.

The latest arrest camea day after images were released of masked suspects in the pub robbery, where a patron was attacked with a baseball bat as staff were threatened with a shotgun.

The men stole cash,purses, and a red tool box before escaping via the back door.

Two days before the release of the closed circuit television footage of the pub robbery, Strike Force Shirley investigators had circulated images of the suspects in the brazenMcDonalds hold-up and revealed they had conducted asearch warrant on a Raymond Terrace home.

An 18-year-old man was arrested last Tuesday and charged by Strike Force Shirley detectives with the McDonald armed robbery.

The teen is accused of storming the Nelson Bay Road restaurant with two other suspects.

Footage shows two of the bandits stayingwith staff as a third raided a safe and cash registers.

One male staff member was injured when he was struck on the arm by a baseball bat wielded by one of the bandits.

The robbery was completed within a few minutes, with startled customers in the restaurant’s carpark the first to raise the alarm after first suspecting it was a prank before seeing staff with their hands raised.

Liesl Tesch wins Gosford by-electionpoll

14/08/2019 | 成都桑拿 | Permalink

WINNER: Labor Party candidate Liesl Tesch, with NSW Opposition Leader Luke Foley, meets a voter during the Gosford byelection on Saturday. Never mind taking time out to savour the victory. The morning after she had secured the state seat of Gosford, Liesl Tesch was driving to Sydney, straight to Parliament House.
SuZhou Night Recruitment

“I”m going to have a look,” Liesl Tesch said from the car. When asked why she didn’t take a day offbeforestarting work, she replied, “there’ll be plenty of tomorrows”.

Making the most of each day has taken Liesl Tesch far in her 47years.

Ms Tesch spent part of her childhood in western Lake Macquarie and attended the University of Newcastle. When she was 19, Ms Tesch broke her back in a mountain bikeaccident, becoming an incomplete paraplegic.

She continued pursuing her passion for sport. Liesl Tesch is a seven-time Paralympian, in wheelchair basketball and sailing. Less than a year ago,Ms Teschwas on the medals podium with her sailing partner at the Rio Paralympics, having just won gold –just as they had in London.

Now Labor’s Member-elect for Gosfordwas about to be on the top of the stairs outside Parliament House, being photographed with Opposition Leader Luke Foley.“I just want to get a feel of what it’s like there,” Ms Tesch said. “As soon as you wheel into a stadium, you look around at the space. When I’m at the top of the steps it will be the start of a new journey and responsibilities.”

For Liesl Tesch, entering the political arena involved a lot of thought. She said it was “heart-wrenching” leaving her job as a high school geography teacherbut “I can’t describe the honour of beingselected by the people to do this job”.

Liesl gets straight to work TweetFacebook Liesl TeschIn the Gosford byelection, brought on by the resignationof MP Kathy Smithdue to ill health, the Labor Party candidate had recorded a swing of more than 11 per cent. Before the election, this was one of the state’s most marginal seats,with Labor holding it by a margin of just 0.2 per cent.

Ms Tesch said while many had votedforher, others had cast their ballot againstthe Government.

Voters had told her how disappointed they were in the lack of resources allocated tothe Central Coast. She argued that with the funding for Sydney’s big infrastructure projects, “it feels like it’s at our expense. We want more resources outside of the city.”

When Ms Tesch was announced as the Labor candidate, some were critical that she had been “parachuted” in. Ms Tesch said she understood those initial concernsbut had received support while campaigning. The transition to politics, she said, had been “all good”.

“There’s been no gunpoint in Rio [moment],” Ms Tesch joked, referring to her being robbed in the Brazilian city while training for the 2016 Paralympics.